Friday, February 26, 2010

Hair Bumps and Short Fiction

Just a quick post today, as work seems to be keeping me busier today than usual.

On the way home Wednesday, I went by the grocery store to get ingredients for white bean soup to make for supper. I also was out of deoderant and my husband needed shampoo. The hair products were across from the deoderant and...ok, you know how it's a style (or it was two years ago) for women to poof their hair in mini-beehives aka "bumps" on the tops of their heads? Well, I'm pretty sure I actually saw a product called "Bump Aid" unless my eyes deceived me, that is supposed to help you achieve the hairstyle. I wish I had taken a picture of it but I was unfortunately not thinking clearly about what an amazing find it was. I think I'm going to go to that Bi-Lo again this weekend to see if it's still there, and take a picture.

I would have posted this yesterday but I got sidetracked and started writing a little story for NPR's "Three Minute Fiction" contest. I just submitted it this morning. It definitely made me happy to be creating a story and writing.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, It's called "Bump It." Know it. Accept it. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bump It, right, accepted. Loved? Sorry, can't do it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Read the Printed Word!