Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting a chance to breathe

It seriously feels like Friday to me. Maybe because I am not going to work tomorrow! A couple of weeks ago when I was feeling rather upset about generally everything, my sweet and loving husband suggested we both take a day off and just go driving somewhere. Tomorrow is that day, and we may even stay overnight somewhere.

Thing is, I haven't been allowed to know what we're doing. At first I was all, well how can I plan accurately for us being gone when I don't even know where we are going and how long we'll be there? But then I started to realize how nice it would be if I just left all the details to Daniel and he just surprised me. I can tend to try to control, in some way, just about everything in my life, if I am left to it. This is why the day off with no agenda will be good for me, and my husband knows it.

The only thing I know about the trip is that we are going to end up in Columbia tomorrow night to see Dave Bazan at New Brookland Tavern. Daniel is a big fan, and I got him the new album, Curse Your Branches, for Christmas this past year. We went to see Bazan in Asheville a while back, which was the first time I had heard him really. I enjoy his music, and I really like his newest album. Though, he is really depressing (God knows I don't need any pushes in that direction) to listen to sometimes because his music and lyrics are quite melancholy. I'm looking forward to the show, where I'm sure I'll be out of place among the scenesters who still think they're ahead of the fashion world while it passed them by a few seasons back.

I can't wait until work ends today so I can start my weekend! The only (and I mean only) downside to this is that I won't get to blog for the next couple of days, unless I bring my laptop and find somewhere to sit and blog for a bit on the road. Even if not, I'll take plenty of notes and pictures and share our small journey when we return.

Tonight is the only high school soccer game Daniel has to coach this week, so it'll be a late night. Don't mattuh, ahm sleepin' in tomorrow (he better let me).

P.S- I need advice....keep growing hair or cut it all off? What do you think? Here's my hair now, with waaayy too many layers growing out from my last super-short cut last September:


It's clearly overtaking my face. Should I go Natalie Portman-short or keep growing it and get a trim? My inclination is to leave it alone because I hate having to think about it at all. But today is a particularly irritating bad hair day, so that's why I'm considering this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!