Monday, March 29, 2010

Off-Days and Silly Finds

It feels like way too long since I've been here. I didn't mean for it to be; I always look forward to my next post. But, incidentally, I had to actually do work at work last week a good bit, so I didn't get time to write at my office desk. And we don't have the internet in our apartment, which my husband has been talking about rectifying. Hopefully we'll have it soon. Still, things have happened over the last few days I haven't written, though some are more pleasant than others. Let me start with the unpleasant to get them out and done with.

Not-So-Great Things:

1. I was in a sad mood last night and tried to blame it on Daniel for not being exactly what I needed when I needed it. Thing is, he does an amazing job of that pretty much all the time. We just missed a bit yesterday, that's all. You have those off-days. Yesterday was one of them.

2. I got pulled over for speeding on the way to work this morning. As you probably can imagine, no matter how much I try to think about positive things, this fact is like a nasty rusted anvil dropped in the bottom of my day. If I have a certain allowance of happies alloted to me at the start of each day, being pulled and ticketed subracted at least half of them. This is on top of the ones I woke up without due to this sort of hangover I had from being sad and upset last night.

3.....this sucks, I'm not doing this anymore!

I'm supposed to be focusing on good things here. Enough. Enough head-hanging and venting. I have things to be happy about.

Things-to-Live-For:

1. And this is number one every day. My husband loves me and cares about me more than anything in the world. Even if I act like a bitch sometimes, he's still beside me trying to help me work through it.

2. A great find I had last week. The company I work for owned Ray-Ban eyewear back through the 1980's and 90's up until a few years ago, and they'd sell sunglasses and other things to employees from this closet-type-room-turned-store. I was in there last week opening boxes for a company product giveaway for employees to celebrate the launch of a new product. I came across a few relics that have obviously been holed up in the store-room for some time. This is the best one:




I tried to tell my boss they might make a few bucks if they put this obviously awesome Wayfarer mirror from the 80's on ebay. I was serious, but I'm pretty sure he didn't take it that way. 80's styles are currently vogue again, if only he knew.

Here's another time capsule for you.




Let's play "Guess That Decade".....the 90's! That's right. I'm pretty sure if Topanga from "Boy Meets World" met this sexy Ray-Ban model in a coffeeshop after a DMB concert, she'd drop Corey in a second.

3. I haven't blogged about this at all yet, but now it's official: I'm going to Ireland in June! Daniel and I put down the deposit and got our airline tickets this weekend. We'll be gone about 3 weeks, touring Southern Ireland. I have always wanted to go, so this is a lifetime wish coming true. I'll definitely blog a bit while we're on the road there.

Ok, I suppose I'll get back to work now. At least spring is here to stay for a bit.

1 comment:

Read the Printed Word!